September 6, 2022
Becca's Blog: Ten Years
2012 was ten (TEN!) years ago. Can you believe it? In so many ways, it seems like 2012 was just yesterday, and in other ways, it seems like it was, well, ten years ago. Check this out - here's some of what was going on a decade ago:
- The first Hunger Games movie hit theaters
- The last Twilight movie ended an era (and for me, a teenager at the time, it was definitely an era)
- Avengers was on the big screen, breaking box office records
- "Call Me Maybe" and "Gangnam Style" were on the radio
- The world was rumored to end in December (spoiler alert: it didn't)
One more thing was going on: The Ridge was opening its doors to its new building that year on September 9. We had our very first service on Bonnell Road that day, and kicked off a new series (and a new era) that morning. We had T-shirts made and everything (in fact, you can often find old "NineNine12" T-shirts at Goodwill in Columbus!). It was a big day as we made a big move in doing "whatever it takes" to reach our community for Christ.
This Sunday, we're celebrating ten years in our building, and we'd love for you to join us. Not only will we take a look back at the last ten years, but we'll also talk about where we are currently, and what's next for The Ridge (spoiler alert: it's a not-miss Sunday). It's a great Sunday to bring a friend, and to learn about why we do what we do around here. We hope to see you online or in-person at 9:30 and 11am.
Whatever it takes,